maandag 29 oktober 2007

Meanwhile, in Karachi, the times were changing...

I got up 3 times this morning. Once at 6.20 (which I thought to be 7.20) to decide it was definitely a bit to early to be moving about. Again at 6.40 (which I thought to be 7.40), when I jumped out of bed and into almost all of my clothes, only to realise halfway down the stairs that something was fishy. At 7.40 (which I thought, correctly, to be 7.40) I then rolled out of bed again, to make tea and find those crucial pieces of underwear I missed in my first attempt to get dressed. The core-problem is this: Time changed this weekend. Why? no-one knows. One of the more direct consequences of this charade (besides the multiple getting up):

I lost my cover-of-darkness, under which I usually lurk to work on mondaymornings. I like lurking under cover of darkness. It's what I do. It's been totally ruined by some oil-crisis in the seventies.

But don't let this grumpiness about the absence of lurking-possibilities fool you, I am actually in a rather good mood, all things taken into account. I spent most of my weekend sleeping and eating, with the occasional intermezzo of roleplaying, jogging, and being paid to watch one of the better symphonic orchestras in Belgium perform. Sometimes life isn't so bad... Still, it is mondaymorning (shudder), so everyone who wants to come and console the working classes by giving me coffee, chocolate and/or compliments: please do.


2 opmerkingen:

Dr Tho zei

I would, but i've only been up for an hour ;)

Anke de Sagher zei

Complimenten dan maar! Want elk mens heeft er nood aan!
Tine, ge zijt zo succulent als uw brownie, zo sexy als uw strategisch geplaatst ondergoed, zo slim als Suicide Rabbit in oktober (of was het nu november?), zo grappig als bustoeren in Amman (en nog veel grappiger dan dat), zo lief als een onbekende die mijn schoenveters strikt en zo getalenteerd als een schaap dat kan rollerbladen. Beat that!