maandag 1 oktober 2007

Why oh why?

Some of my closer friends may know about my love for black skirts, strange-patterned panties and black-rimmed glasses. At this precise moment, I am living it: I am a secretary. Why am I a secretary at eight in the morning? That, my dear friends, is a different question. It is, in fact, a question I have been pondering over exceedingly in the past few days. I work for DSA (Student Activities Service)... Which self-respecting student could possibly be awake at this hour of night!? So on my first day as Student Activities Secretary I shall have to conclude: There is no student activity whatsoever at eight in the bleeding fucking morning, if this dark time can in fact be called that.

The Coke Light man (see picture) doesn't come at 11:30 here either. He just rushed in ten minutes ago. It was a mousy skinny type of cokelightman, with a tattoo (possible redeeming feature, but not in this case). This specimen did not cause me to giggle in elevators or whatever happens in the commercial. I strongly suspected him to be on speed. So there you have it: I start working in the dead of night, and my cokelightman is actually an unattractive drug addict (here he comes again now, btw) who comes prematurely. I shall mail the Coca Cola Company about this later today.

This day keeps on getting stranger and stranger: in the last 5 minutes two things happened I did not consider possible before ten o'clock: 1. The bookshop called to inform me that my Egyptian dialect course book has appeared (at 8:30) 2. Cokelightman came to give me his phone number (if ever I run out of cokelight...) (8:32). What's the matter with these people? Shouldn't they be asleep? Perhaps they don't need to sleep... Perhaps the're undead. That would explain a lot.

Allright you lot, I am going to watch the ceiling for a bit (I don't want people to think all I do at work is blog...). I work on Tuesday and Thursday as well, so I'll probably blog more than usual this week... If you behave today, then perhaps tomorrow I'll tell you the exiting tale of my first lessons of the term.

1 opmerking:

Dr Tho zei

OOOh! Tell us of your first lesson, o Glorious One!!!

I will swing by later on for casual banter and idle ranting, good luck!