dinsdag 2 oktober 2007

Sooooo.....

Before I start this blogpost, I shall pose you the question that struck me on my way here an hour ago:

The city rieks of chickenstock... Why is that?

I'm out and about again. Today started out marvelously foggy and dreary, which is so good, in so many ways... The vending machine gave me 30cts change, just because I smiled at it. Lovely. I spent the last hour computer-bashing, because my internet wouldn't work (yes, I bash computers for money nowadays), and now, I'm waiting for a phone call, with nothing else to do than youtube (yes, it's a verb as well) a bit of rubbish. Life is good, though early...

Work is better than my studies though. I'm still not sure I really want to continue Arabic, or if I want to do Conflict and Development in one year or two. Perhaps I should've started something else, or nothing at all. Or both. Still, the damage has now been done (533.10 euros worth of damage, to be exact), so there is no point in nagging to you guys about it, is there? My first ManaMa lesson was about the worldbanks development schemes. It had a definite 'god I'm stupid'-feel to it, and after two and a half hours, all I wanted to do was lie on the floor and eat carpet (which is not a constructive thing to do). The lesson after that was even worse... Project management... economics...shiver... Everything is very interesting though. I see three possible forecasts:
1. In a year, I'll have learned more than in the past 4 years together
2. In a year, there won't be any carpet left in a wide area 'round Ghent
3. In a year, I'll be working in the supermarket, trying to ignore reality completely as I stack tins of cat food, and think about what lies to tell my psychiatrists on our next consultation.
Let the betting begin...

For those who have noticed that I haven't spoken about my first lessons Modern Arabic: Well done (and let's leave it at that). Tomorrow is my first lesson ever at the department of law studies. That'll be something to write about on Thursday morning, I guess. If I survive... If I don't: My will: all my stuff is to be handed out on a strict first come, first serve-basis. So start running. See ya!

2 opmerkingen:

Dr Tho zei

My bet is that it's going to be a bit of one followed by a bit of three, this all preceded by a lot of two.

So how was Arabic? :D

Unknown zei

Dibs on your dice. Euhm and your cooking books, and does the running count if I do that by tram???


But I know/ predict you'll be just fine. I like you so what could go wrong.