maandag 10 maart 2008

The London Sockexchange and other tales

God I'm bored. No amount of free (or more correctly "free") wifi-internet can make a more than 10 hour wait bearable. I am in the international terminal of Mumbai airport. I have been here for 4,5 hours. I will be here for another 5,75 hours. In 2,5 hours, I can start the check-in procedures. God I'm so bored. I've got a great book (Salman Rushdie's The moors last sigh, I'm addicted to the man), I've got internet, I've got paper and a pen, but it doesn't make a jot of difference. I am utterly bored out of my mind.

This morning I stood with my feet in the Arabian Sea, my hair in the wind, and my face in the morningsun, my bananatoastpineapplejuicecoffeebreakfast in my tummy. I could have stayed there like that forever. Alas (poor yorick?) it was not to be, which is why I am now sitting here in this not-so-very-comfortable seat at mumbai airport. India is magic. Belgium is just as magical, but in India, I don't have to work/study/clean/... I don't have to do anything. How brilliant is that? But sitting here - bored out of my tiny little mind- has made me think of some things (I am excluding people from the missed-belgian-things-list, if you read this, you may readilly subsume I miss you) I miss about Belgium: The Delhaize-supermarket. My underwear collection. Brown bread. Walking in the rain, and having a hot bath afterwards. My kitchen. Having normal conversations with men. My kitchen again. Cheese that tastes like cheese. My senseo... Reading this, you can more or less think what my day will look like tomorrow. I have heard it's quite stormy there in Belgium. I hope this doesn't cause too much delay. If everything goes according to plan, I should be in Brussels by 7:15 tomorrow morning.

I have kept a small diary of some indian-adventures. I will post you the best of them here during the next week or so. Like that the story doesn't end just yet. I really am having a hard time leaving this place (well, not exactly this particular spot, off course, but you know what I mean). I'll be fine though. I got some intensive messenger- mail- and sms-coaching, and I've already got 3 dinnerdates, some lunchdates, a promdate, a moviedate and several teadates this week. There goes my new-found relaxchillslow pace of life! But I love you all for it. Wish me patience in my boredom, and clear starry skies tonight...

3 opmerkingen:

Maarten zei

As a matter of fact, it's stormy over all of Western Europe, but rest assured that we're all crossing our thumbs for you to make it safely (and awake) across the clouds to Ghent, even if some of us will most likely be drunk by the time you'll be cruising in our general direction :). Hope to see you soon (in LaLaLand, or anywhere else)

Unknown zei

Tja, je had enigszins kunnen voorspellen dat de godganse gentse bevolking je van zodra je landde in de armen zou willen sluiten. Geef een belltetje als je er klaar voor bent!
M

Anoniem zei

Met al die dates van je.. Heb je nog tijd om een vervreemde belgische te ontmoeten in het gentse? Ik kom MORGEN naar huis - met heel wat meer goesting dan jezelf - en ik zou je graag zien! Ik blijf tien dagen!
XXX