zaterdag 8 maart 2008

Another day for me and me in paradise

This morning around ten o'clock my coffeemug containing a double espresso to kickstart my day told me two things: 'Simple life' (which made me feel rather hobbit-like) and 'Enjoy happiness'. Because one should never argue with coffee, I set out for another day of enjoying happiness. Enjoying happiness in Goa consists (for me) largely of riding around on the back of motorbikes with my hair in the breeze, sipping mojito's in the sun, reading Grimus by Salman Rushdie (which I bought for 50cts), eating huge (no really HUGE) shrimp, doing silly things like trading my watch for a hennatattoo (who wants to know the time anyway?), lounging in my hammock, buying junk for no money at all, and listening to the waves and the wind through the palmtrees at night.
I had a chance meeting with Leo, who also studied indology, and his brother and friend who were visiting him, yesterday. Great fun, beer, swims, cocktails, pizza and dinner was had by all. They're off exploring Hampi, but I am already too much into the mellow-goan-beach-vibe to face a 10 hour busjourney. I'll probably regret it later. Not now however. Oh no. Now I'm off to hunt myself some food. Tomorrow is my last day in paradise, and it is with severely mixed feelings I'll put down my golden spoon, and get up from the table. I miss you guys, but I could definitely eat some more of this rice-pudding... But my flight is reconfirmed, and my transport to the airport negotiated. I've got a taxi-flight-bus-transit-flight-train-tram-day starting monday at 11:30, and ending tuesday at 10:00 (aprox., make it 12:00 if I fall asleep on the train and wake up in Ostend or Knokke). If I find internet, I'll write you from the airport in Mumbai. If not, the next post is from... shudder...Belgium.

3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Lieve Tinneke,
Pik nog de beste momenten mee en begin kalm uw vertrek voor te bereiden. Probeer niks te vergeten of achter te laten...Hou je mooie herinneringen vast en breng ze mee.
Neem rustig afscheid van Zon,Zee , Land en Sfeer..zal niet gemakelijk zijn? maar hier vindt ge heel veel mensen lieve mensen terug die heel blij zijn je terug te zien. Heel voorspoedige thuisreis ,kusje van Oma

Dieter Adriaenssens zei

Goeie reis!

In geval van vliegangst, denk dan weer even aan die bewuste riksja-rit. ;)

Tot volgende week, ergens in Gent of omstreken.

Unknown zei

maar poesie toch!?
ga je dan zelfs niet een heel klein beetje blij zijn ons terug te zien huhmm?