zondag 24 februari 2008

Intermezzo: Ode

I was gonna wait untill I got to Varanasi to post again, but sometimes, some emotions can be so overwhelming , that it feels like your heart might burst if you don't shout it out loud for all to hear. We all know what feeling that is (and if you don't, see a psychologist, seriously): It's LOVE, pyar hai.
I am in love with the Delhi Metro System. It's so shiny, and cool. There's Shahrukh Khan billboards as far as the eye can see. I feel I could lie safely in it's strong airconned arms for hours at a time. It gives so much, and only asks for a few Rs in return. It whispers in my ear: "next service to Central secretariat, arriving platform 2", and I think: "yes, this is it". Then it playfully ads: "change here for blue line". Yeah baby.. The efficiency of it all brings tears to my eyes... But, sadly, I'll be leaving it all behind in an hour and 40 minutes. Back to the everlooming overcharging rikshawala's. Wish me luck, and have some yourself while you're at it.

6 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Tine
Heb zo net uw laatste impressie gelezen : uw liefde voor de indische stations . Schoon fotoke .
DHL toestanden zullen wel in orde komen uwe moedere zal dat verder afhandelen . Na het drukke Delhi naar rustiger oorden ? Hopelijk rustiger in Varanasi . Dikke knuffels van oma (jajaj ik zit hier hihi) en uw moederke

Dieter Adriaenssens zei

Good luck in Varanasi.
I'll take the liberty of having a small portion of luck myself, as you suggested, for a side-project I'm hoping to succeed in as well. But more on that later, if applicable.

I'm glad you love the metro system over there. I had a similar feeling when visiting Barcelona last summer, but when I read your report, I must admit the Barcelona subway is nothing compared to the one in Delhi.

BTW: I had a good laugh reading the 'answers to use in India' section on your blog.

BTW2: You were mentioned/thanked for doing a good job replacing Ine at DSA in the speech of Hans on the annual report of DSA, last Thursday.

Anoniem zei

Hallo Tine,

Leuk dat je zo geniet van al die impressies ! We volgen jou op de voet en zijn vooral content dat het je goed gaat.
Hou nog wat nieuws achter voor bij ons weerzien want we beseffen dat je al bijna op de helft zit. Voor jou moet het dus nog sneller gaan.
Hou het verder safe,groetjes van ons,
Rosette

Unknown zei

I think we can now safely assume you are the coolest person on this planet. Thanks for the generous portion of luck you're sending this way , I might need it later on.

Kiss M

Anke de Sagher zei

Pffff, zolang Clooney daar niet ook hangt, blijf ik wel plakken aan de billboards in Gent Zuid :p
Of in de Universiteitsstraat ;)

Anoniem zei

Djeezes Tine, ik was die blog van je even uit het oog verloren, maar je bent gewoon GENIAAL! Ik lach me ZIEK!